Saturday, February 27, 2010

The CWLONG MIDDLE SCHOOL ORCHESTRA IS MOVING FORWARD IN ALL DIRECTIONS: WE ARE NOT JUST STANDING STILL

Finally a reality for me! I have been teaching for 15 years here in APS, and I have struggled to get my kids in the past to buy their own method book( before the textbook adoption), buy rosin, that t-shirts was just a dream.

This year, I composed a 5 Point Orchestra Focus plan that I shared with my principal, making t-shirts, rosin and a few other things MANDATORY. It has worked. I got my parents to buy into the orchestra program, get the kids practicing more at home, and doing fundraisers because I had planned to take the kids to Disney( but somehow, that fell through??!!).

But we were able to purchase not one shirt, but TWO!! A grey t-shirt that says " The Crawford Long Orchestra is moving forward in all directions. We are not just standing still", the other is a long sleeve polo where our logo will be placed. And every child has his/her own rosin. I am soooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment