Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My ArtsAPS Action RESEARCH

I have chosen to complete my Action Research on a topic that I already had begun seeking a remedy for. It has been an issue that I have dealt with and really wasn't too sure on how to even approach it to achieve a resolution until now. The topic I have chosen is Uniformity and Etiquette: What is the Direct Connection Between the Two?

I think for the children I teach, Uniformity and Etiquette is something that will not just fix itself over night, as my children still do not see the importance. I still have kids who would rather go to "step" practice and cheer leading, than come to class. This is even after I have called parents and have issued deficiencies.

The components that come into play under this umbrella is students in school uniform/performance attire, and student behavior. My principal said that this topic was so compelling to her, that she completed her thesis statement on this very topic many years ago.

The lessons that I will be able to present as documentation will be based on Concert Etiquette, and are ongoing and are usually done right before performances. Other documentation I will be able to present will be in the form of data and supporting documents from the beginning of the year to show my efforts increasing morale and making the Long Middle School more visible on campus and throughout the community. My latest effort involve more student input.

1 comment:

  1. Great to read your thoughts on your Action Research Project. Please upload your project soon as it's ready. Also the teaching video of 15 minutes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete